Despite numerous statements, it is possible to return previously deleted conversations. The process takes time and requires special knowledge. Today we will talk about restoring WhatsApp conversations on Android.
Algorithm of actions
There are many reasons for resuming correspondence:
- Accidental deletion of chats, applications.
- Operating system update.
- Switching to another device and so on.
Contrary to the reasons, the process is identical.
The most common option for protecting messages. The save path is selected in the settings.
To recover lost chats:
- Uninstall the utility completely from the device.
- Reinstall WhatsApp.
- Confirm your phone number by indicating in advance that you have a registered account.
- A pop-up window will ask you to recover messages, media files from Google Drive. Confirm the command.
- Wait a couple of minutes, depending on the amount of information.
- Tap “Next”.
- Go to the utility interface.
Archives are saved directly to the device. To transfer multimedia, correspondence to a new phone, tablet, you need to use an SD card, computer, explorer.
The algorithm of actions is as follows:
- Find an archival document on your smartphone, tablet.
- Drop the folder to your computer or file hosting.
- Upload the backup to the new device.
- After installing Wotsap, open the file.
- Confirm the sync.
When operating with a local reserve, you need to know:
- Copies are created by default every day at two in the morning.
- The reserve is kept for seven days. Older versions are automatically removed.
- By default, the file is stored in the / sdcard / WhatsApp / folder. If there is no archive there, look for the document in internal or main memory.
Old local reserve
Even without an archive on Google Drive, you can restore correspondences made more than a week ago. For this:
- Install the file manager from the Play Store to the device.
- Open the installed program.
- Go to sdcard / WhatsApp / Databases. If the data is on the SD card, there will be internal or main memory instead of “sdcard”.
- Look for a document called msgstore-YYYY-MM-HH.1.db.crypt12.
- Rename the file to msgstore.db.crypt12. Do not touch the crypt9 or crypt10 extension formats.
- Completely uninstall Vatsap from your smartphone.
- Download the utility again.
- Go through authorization.
- In the pop-up window, confirm the restoration of chats.
Sometimes, when trying to get access, failures occur. Reasons for a couple:
- The device is not connected to a Google account. We are talking about the client to which the reserves are loaded.
- Invalid phone number used for registration.
- Corrupted chat history, SD card.
- No copy made.
To fix the problem yourself:
- Check the specified data: the phone number of the connected google client.
- Update Google Play Services.
- Check for free memory on your device.
- Establish a stable internet connection.
- Charge your device. Some smartphones block a number of operations if the battery percentage is below 40, 60 units.
Whatsapp is one of the most popular instant messengers. The developers weekly announce the release of new functions , the program allows you to control the spent traffic , change the interface settings, and so on. It is important to update the software for smooth operation. Free download from Play Market, App Stora takes a minute.